How to blast Waec Biology exam 2023
paragraphBiology is one of the main subjects that every science student can learn in secondary school. Being a science subject, students recognize biology as a subject. Biology is subject that studies living things and biological activities.
paragraphThe biology exam in WAEC is divided into three segments which are Biology-Objective, Biology-Theory and Biology-Practical. The Biology-Practical carries 40 marks, Biology-Objective and Biology-Theory carries 30 marks each. Adding the marks you will arrive at a total of 100 marks.
paragraphTherefore, the Biology practical carry the highest marks. A wise student should not take his or her biology practical for granted. There is a high chance of scoring a good mark in biology practicals. As we move further I would be giving you tips on each part of biology.
paragraphHowever, a lot of students still find it very difficult to study and comprehend biology topics in the Waec syllabus. The major reason for this is that students don't study biology in the right way. It's funny to know that so many students read biology rather than study.
paragraphIt has been confirmed that before you gain mastery or become very proficient in particular biology topics, you need to have solved so many biology questions based on that topic.
paragraphIn other words, study, study, study and study.
paragraphI recommend you check my write-up on how to study and read to pass any examination
paragraphMoreover, another factor to consider when preparing for an exam is the "time factor". Students studying for exams don't know how to manage their time during the examination. A lot of students have failed exams simply because they felt the time given for the exam is limited. As such, it is very crucial to know how to manage your time during an examination. Check out my article on how to finish the exam on time and pass with flying colors
paragraphThe biology objective is a part of the exam in which the candidate is given fifty minutes to finish the exam. The exam consists of fifty questions with four options each.
paragraphSome tips for biology objectives are;
1. Reading all the topics in biology under the WAEC syllabus because you can’t guess where the question might come from.
2. When you come across a question that you do not know or you don’t have a clue about, leave the question and answer the ones you know.
3. Then you can now answer the ones you do not know or have clue about.
4. Use the elimination method for questions to answer questions that you have little or no clue about.
paragraphThe biology theory is also a part of the exam in which the candidate is given one hour and forty minutes to finish the exam. The exam consists of two parts usually termed part 1 and part 2. In one part all the questions are compulsory while in the other part the candidate is allowed to two questions from that section. Note that the two parts are theory.
paragraphSome tips for biology theory/essay are;
1. When answering questions, always look at the mark of that particular question.
2. Answer the necessary number of questions.
3. Prepare for any type of question in biology.
4. Read wide for biology theory.
5. When you are asked to draw and label, make sure that your drawing is neither big nor small.
paragraphBiology practicals carry the highest marks and have three questions. The candidate is given two hours. Candidates are allowed to all questions depending on how many they are asked to answer for biology practical.
paragraphSome tips for biology practicals are;
1. Make sure you know all about the specimen you are being given. You should know things like the specimen's colour, shape, habitat, scientific name and other necessary things.
2. Observation of specimens is very crucial. You need to put down what you see, know and feel about the specimen
3. Get ready to draw and label
4. If you are asked to make observations of a list of keys, it is best to answer the questions with new and accurate tables. The tables must look attractive to examiners.
5. You must have clear and sharp drawings
I recommend you check my article on the following:
- How to graduate with first class from any Nigerian university.
- How to save money efficiently as a student.
- Check out 8 factors to consider before choosing a university.
- How to blast physics in the wassce 2023 exams with an A.
- How to manage time efficiently as a student.
- Seven mistakes to avoid as a year one students in the university.
paragraphThis is all we can take on “How to pass waec biology exams with distinctions“.paragraph