How to blast Further mathematics
Further mathematics is a vital subject in Educational institutions including the secondary schools. It can also be a general subject for students. Most science students have the believe that further mathematics is a tedious subject. This is a wrong believe because further mathematics is all about understanding the principles of the topics you want to learn.
Every mathematical topic have principles which are usually guided by formulas. Once you can understand the formulas and how to manipulate them. You are good to go.
The further mathematics wassce exams can be pretty tedious I for some students. However, a lot of students find it difficult to student further mathematics because of the complexity of some topics in further mathematics. Students spend a lot of time studying their books but only a few grasp the full understanding of the topic studied.
To this effect, I wrote an article on how to read and understand so as to pass the wassce examination. Check out my article on how to read and understand in other to pass any examination
Also, it is very pertinent you know how to manage your time when writing an exam. This is because a lot of students get low grades because some couldn’t finish the exam on time. To this effect check out my article on how to finish exam on time and pass with flying colors
The further mathematics is divided into two parts which are objective and theory.
Further mathematics theory
This part consist of sections which are section A and section B. Section A consist of eight questions in which you are to answer all while section B consist of seven to eight questions in which you are to answer five.
Some tips for further mathematics theory are;
• Reading all the topics in further mathematics under the WAEC syllabus because you can’t guess were the question might come from.
• When you come across a question that you do not know or you don’t have a clue about, leave the question and answer the ones you know.
• Then you can now answer the ones you do not know or have clue about.
• Use the elimination method for questions to answer questions that you have little or no clue about.
• When you start the exam, answer the questions that you can answer as quick as possible so that you can have time to cross check your working.
Further mathematics objective
This part consists of forty questions with four options each. The candidate is expected to answer all.
Some tips for further mathematics objective are;
• Make sure you are prepared to do calculations on what you do have learnt throughout secondary school.
• Always analyze the marks for each question and answer them according to their marks.
• If you are asked to enumerate three calculations and the question carries nine marks. You must show your workings properly. You can make some statement if possible so the examiner would come to understand what you are doing.
• Make sure you answer the necessary questions
• Make sure each number fall in the same category. For example, if you answer number 5a and 5b but you are not able to answer 5c. Make sure that you leave a blank space for that question. Do not move to the next question like number 4 without leaving space.
I recommend you check my article on the following
- How to pass chemistry in the wassce 2020 exams with an A1
- How to blast physics in the wassce 2020 exams with an A
- How to get an A in the wassce biology 2020 exams
- How to pass the wassce mathematics exam excellently well in 2020
Check out my tutorial video on linear Equations